By signing up on EBC’s online sign-up page, keyword texting to EBC’s mobile shortcode, or EBC’s outreach sign-up sheets, you (the “subscriber”) are subscribing to the distribution list(s) managed by EBC. By subscribing, you are giving explicit permission for EBC to send you messages.
To begin receiving messages from this subscription, each form of contact information that you have provided must be verified by you. If your contact information is not verified, you will not receive messages from this subscription.
Receiving mobile text messages from EBC is completely FREE of charge. However, standard text messaging rates from your wireless carrier still apply.
Information Collection and Your Privacy
Your contact information is collected by EBC on an opt-in basis in two ways:
- EBC can collect your first name, last name, mobile phone number, instant message (“IM”) screen name, email address, and other custom data when you willingly sign-up with EBC during its outreach activities.
- EBC can collect your first name, last name, phone number, instant message (“IM”) screen name, email address, and other custom data when you willingly subscribe to the Trumpia user’s online sign-up page (“OSP”).
- EBC can also collect your mobile number when you text EBC’s mobile keyword to our short code. Certain SMS text features enable the collection of name, IM screen name, email address, or other customized information by asking you to reply via SMS texts with specific information. NOTE: Message and data rates may apply.
Process to Unsubscribe
You have the ability to unsubscribe or change your personal subscription settings at any time.
To unsubscribe for:
- Email to EBC: Send a short message to EBC at info@EthnicBusinessCoalition.org and provide us your name, mobile number, and business name. Simply say “I wish to Unsubscribe from the free mobile messaging service. I no longer want to be kept informed of new rules and regulations as well as upcoming situations that may impact my business.”
- Mobile Text: Text STOP to the short code that you do not wish to receive messages from. NOTE: Message and data rates may apply.
- IM: Click the ‘Unsubscribe’ link located at the bottom of each instant message. ‘Block’ link removes your contact information and additionally prevents the same list from adding you again.
You may also call EBC’s SMS messaging system service provider, Trumpia Unsubscribe Hotline at 1-866-866-0009 to unsubscribe at any time.
EBC DOES NOT share your name or any contact information (including names, email, instant message screen name, and telephone number) with others except for the very owners of the online sign-up pages or the mobile keywords through which you volunteered your information. You have given EBC explicit permission to send messages to your contact information when you signed up. If EBC added or imported your information without your permission, you can block us from adding or importing it again. EBC believes in a spam-free communication environment.
For SMS/MMS text messaging subscribers, Trumpia, EBC’s service provider may use or disclose information about you, including your personal information, under the following circumstances:
- To provide you with products and services you request.
- To anticipate and resolve problems and conflicts with our products and services.
- For verification and authentication purposes in regards to requests or changes of any personal information or data related.
- For other purposes communicated to you at the time you provide or authorize the use of your information.
- In response to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process.
- To establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- When Trumpia believes such use or disclosure is (a) necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or (b) required by law.
- In the event of a merger, acquisition, consolidation, divestiture, or bankruptcy of Trumpia.
When a EBC sends you messages, the message may include a web beacon to determine the number of people who open them. When you click on a link, EBC may record your response to customize special offerings to you. Web beacons collect only limited information, such as a cookie identifier, time and date of a page being viewed, and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides (the URL). Web beacons can be refused. If you do not wish to receive web beacons via email, you will need to disable HTML images or refuse HTML (select Text only) emails via your email software.
Our postal address is:
Washington Minority Business Advisory Council (a Washington 501c3 non-profit corporation with a DBA of Ethnic Business Coalition.) Ethnic Business Coalition (EBC), 409 Maynard Ave S, Suite P-8, Seattle, WA 98104.
Our contact information is (206)623-0994 or info@EthnicBusinessCoalition.org.